sNOwWay Part 2
Notice the past two posts I capitalize "NO" in snow"? I just don't think this is coming together for significant winter weather for much of the Channel 7 viewing area. A cold rain will be likely for most of us. Here are some of the points I want to hit...
1. The onset of the precip could have a few sleet pellets mixed in central and northern Arkansas, but temperatures will be above freezing
2. It will become a cold rain and stay a cold rain for the duration of the event for most of the state, except the higher elevations and near the Missouri border.
3. If you have travel plan into the "show me state", please use caution this weekend
4. Temperatures will hover near 32° northern Arkansas with freezing rain and sleet possible.
5. Some snow will be possible, but most likely near the Missouri border northward.
6. Travel issues will be possible in spots across the higher elevations.
7. While it's too early to pinpoint amounts, I think a coating to an inch or two of sleet/snow near the Missouri border is possible, but my confidence level on that is low. Much higher amounts once into Missouri.
8. Rainfall will be likely for much of the state with around 1-2''. Temperatures will hold steady in the mid 30s to near 40 degrees.