Flakes To Fly
2 Seasons within 24 hours and snow will be possible. Not much has changed since Sunday and we still think there will be limiting factors when it comes to accumulation. Just enough moisture will lag in the colder air to change the rain Tuesday to some wet snow. The temperatures from near the ground upward will barely be cold enough, but at the surface, should hover just above freezing. While little to no impacts are expected, the excitement factor is high. There's no need to stock up on milk and bread unless you're out of it. :)
BELOW IS MY 10 POINT WEATHER PLAN...
1) Temperatures in the 60s to near 70 today (Monday)
2) Temperatures tank tonight with strong NNW winds
3) Rain increases tonight
4) The air cold enough to support winter weather will catch up on the back side of the precipitation shield
5) Temperatures mostly above freezing while it's snow/sleet fall minimizing any impacts
6) ground temperatures cold, but not cold enough for any accumulation
7) duration of the event will only be a few short hours
8) The focus for any wintry weather will be central and southern Arkansas. Yes, I said southern Arkansas.
9) An isolated dusting is not out of the question central Arkansas BRIEFLY around sunrise or shortly after Tuesday. Again, if there's a dusting, it will be isolated, but most likely won't even get that.
10) COLD IS THE BIGGER WEATHER STORY.
Below is model guidance. Notice most temperatures above freezing where precip is occurring. It will be a mix of rain, sleet, then some snow.