On a personal note first, it has been a tough day. The last thing I thought when I woke up this morning was that I would have to have my dog put down. This was my kids first experience with death and that's probably the hardest part. Oliver was a fantastic pug. Only 10 years old and I thought he had at least 3 or 4 more years left. You just never know. All of your comments and thoughts sent to me on Facebook and Twitter mean a lot. I'm reminded why I love what I do and why I love doing it for all of you.
I'll have a more in-depth update Monday, but here are my summarized thoughts after reviewing data this evening.
1) I'm glad I was skeptical about snow chances. While a few flakes will be possible, I just don't see this being much at all. I don't even think southeast Arkansas will see much. However, it does not take much to cause issues and we'll watch it for you all day on Channel 7. After a bit of rainfall Monday, temperatures will drop rapidly and there's a chance a few ice patches could form on the roads.
2) There could be a rumble of thunder with the front Monday afternoon across southern Arkansas.
3) The big weather story will be the cold wind chill values Tuesday through Thursday morning.
4) I actually think there's a better chance for LIGHT snow or flurries Wednesday across northern Arkansas with another shot of cold air and a disturbance. I alluded to this prospect last week in a couple blog posts. Little if anything will add up, but worth watching.
5) It will warm up next weekend, but should be temporary.
Thanks again for all your thoughts and prayers.
I'll have a more in-depth update Monday.